8.30.2008

I'll take one of each, please.

Anthropologie is one of my favorite places to shop, to browse, to get fashion inspiration. Many of you feel the same way about J. Crew, and while I love, love, love its classic looks, the slightly tousled and just-in-from-the-cold feel of Anthropologie is more my style.

That said, its autumn offerings have me sitting here - in running shorts and an old t shirt, trying to work up the motivation to get out there and pound out a few miles - craving cool days and bundling against the wind and layering up and meeting friends for coffee and wearing boots with tall socks and scarves and flouncy skirts.

What can I say? I have a very specific imagination. In fact, the look of Anthro's fall line reminds me of one particular semester in college, when I met my friend, Melissa Mehler (who, ironically, is from Philly, where Anthro is based), and we sat at the coffee shop for hours and hours and ate bagels and told stories and made big plans...).

Anyway, because I swear to god I'm going to try to go running at some point today (since when does it take a crowbar to get me off the couch and into my sneakers? Why have I become so lazy?), here are a few of the pieces I'm adoring right now:

Sweatercoats seem big right now, and I love their hip-and-butt-hiding capability.
This is similar to a cardigan Anthro did last season, but it sold out before it hit the sale rack (sad for cheapo me). Maybe it's a sign....

These are a must...

Yes, please.
Love me some burgandy cords...


And I bet these pants would be super flattering...

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'll have you know my closet is carefully stacked with painstakingly sought out and combed through Anthropologie sale-rack finds. One of the sweetest things Tim ever did was buy me an adorable full outfit at Anthro for Christmas one year. And he paid retail on parts of it.

Cindy said...

I'm with you: I like a lot of J. Crew, but it's just not quite me. I regularly haunt the Anthropologie sale rack--dangerous stuff. My favorite trick is to buy a ridiculously expensive skirt at Anthro. and pair it with a really cheap tshirt from Target.

Paige Jennifer said...

I have a $100 Anthropologie gift card I've been stashing for this time of year. Yummy!