11.22.2007

But the cooking was hard.




Well, not the cooking, exactly. It was more the preparation that bothered me. The touching of the bird. The raw body all slappy and cold. YUCK. Seriously, I almost started crying when I pulled the neck out of the body cavity. Jesus, we're a bunch of damn animals, eating this bird. They're not cute, exactly, but does that mean we should mock their deaths by shoving their "parts" inside their bodies, just so we can eat more of them? Good lord.

I know. I'm being a little dramatic. (Just a little? Hell, this is a good day.)

I felt terrible. I didn't like it at all. I don't even like tofu, and I was wishing for a tofurkey. Or a pizza.

It smells good now (I know, I'm a hypocrite. No surprise.), but I think this will be the last time I make bird.

No comments: