12.12.2007

About Goddamned Time.

Yeah, again. I know. I'm getting tired of apologizing for not posting, so I should just, you know, post.

Brad sent me this ad yesterday. He got it from Kolin, one of the world's greatest dog lovers. This ad is the kind of thing I'd love to make someday: witty, catchy, golden retriever-focused.

And then, after I laughed and laughed and laughed at said ad, my office mate realized that it was going to me "one of those days" (when my need to laugh out loud prevents those around me from getting anything done) and sent me this IKEA ad. Oh, the hilarity! What is it about angry accented yelling directly into the camera that so delights me? Again, I laughed and laughed. And then I sent it to everyone I know in an attempt to make them have one of those days, too.

The response from my brother was this delightful number featuring Christopher Walken, who - along with people with accents and golden retrievers - always makes me happy. Good lord, what a multi-talented man.

On the skiing front, I am terribly lame. I bailed on dawn patrol because "it's too cold, the snow is too unstable, I'm tired, I'm sore, I don't wanna." And now I feel like I should be out there skinning. But, hey, it's early in the season, and it's high-time I start listening to my body. It didn't feel right, so I slept in. It's not the end of the world.

But on the topic of the end of the world, how about this story? That's right, everyone. Just when you think all hope is lost, you, too, could be reunited with your monkey. Of course, this "holiday miracle" doesn't explain the presence of a tiki bar in Rockville, Maryland.

No comments: