11.15.2006

The Season's First Dawn Patrol

Today at 5 am I woke up and chugged coffee en route up Big Cottonwood Canyon. Brad and I met a group of friends for some sunrise skinning and skiing. It was inexplicably hard, skinning this morning...I thought I'd be better prepared for the season. It was still fun, though, still worth getting up early and being cold and hussled and hassled outside into the dark, dark morning.

The CrossFit Workout of the Day (WOD) was to run a 5k, so just before dust I took Arnie and Red up to Mill Creek Canyon and we ran along the pipeline trail. The poor guys haven't gotten out much in the past few days, so they were super psyched, prancing along and playing together. I was exhausted and starving (*see below) at the beginning of the run, but after watching the boys, I felt 100% better.

*I was starving because I started the Zone 3 days ago. I'm trying to eat 11 blocks a day, and while part of me wonders if I shouldn't be trying to eat 10 blocks a day, I also feel completely exhausted, totally hungry and grumpy as HELL.

Poor Brad. He didn't ask for this. He probably thought I was a scooch more normal than I am....

No comments: